[Clinical Edge] I Missed One Day of Myopia Eye Drops. Will My Child's Myopia Get Worse?
Missing one day of atropine eye drops for myopia control is unlikely to cause your child's myopia to suddenly worsen. The most important factor is using the medication consistently over months and years, not worrying about a single missed dose.
Note: Myoguard is a South Korea–specific brand name. For international readers, this article refers to low-dose atropine eye drops used for myopia control, regardless of the brand.
What Should I Do If I Miss One Dose?
If your child misses one night's dose, simply resume the usual schedule the next day.
A single missed dose does not erase the benefits that have built up over time. Myopia control is a long-term treatment, and occasional mistakes happen.
Should I Double the Dose the Next Day?
No.
Do not use two doses to make up for the missed one unless your eye care professional specifically instructs you to do so.
Just continue with the prescribed once-daily schedule.
Is Missing One Dose a Problem?
For most children, missing one dose is not a major concern.
The greater issue is repeatedly missing doses or using the medication inconsistently. Regular treatment provides the best chance of slowing myopia progression over the long term.
When Should I Contact My Eye Doctor?
Consider discussing the treatment plan if:
- Your child frequently misses doses.
- Side effects make the drops difficult to use.
- Your child strongly resists the drops every night.
- You are concerned that your child's myopia is progressing despite treatment.
Your ophthalmologist may recommend strategies to improve adherence or discuss other myopia control options if needed.
Bottom Line
Missing one day of low-dose atropine eye drops is unlikely to cause sudden myopia progression. Do not double the next dose. Simply restart the usual schedule and focus on using the drops consistently over the long term.
댓글
댓글 쓰기